Bauer Media Group merges divisions in Poland
18.10.2016 News

The Board of Bauer Media Group has decided to merge two Polish companies: Wydawnictwo Bauer (Warsaw) and Wydawnictwo Phoenix Press (Wroclaw).

The Bauer Group was the owner of 100% shares in Wydawnictwo Bauer and 79% of shares in Wydawnictwo Phoenix Press. The remaining 21% minority stake, owned by Swiss company Brookclass Media, was purchased by Bauer on October 18th .

The merged publishing house will operate as Wydawnictwo Bauer Sp. o.o. Sp.K. under the leadership of Tomasz Namysł – the CEO of the company.

Björn Rettig (the former vice president of Phoenix Press) as managing director of the branch will remain responsible for the development of the titles currently held in Phoenix Press portfolio, and for the new projects of Bauer in Wroclaw.

Lech Kunkel-Poniżnik has retired after 21 years as CEO of Phoenix Press.

“On behalf of the Board of Bauer Media, I would like to thank Mr. Lech Kunkel for many years of excellent cooperation, the creation of a professional team in Wroclaw and a number of titles that have been successful in the competitive publishing market. I wish him good luck and continued success, both in private and professional life. I am confident that Wydawnictwo Bauer will strongly support the further dynamic development of the Wroclaw division “– said Witold Wozniak, the board member of Bauer Media Group.